Submitted by admin on Wed, 10/21/2009 - 11:59
The Board of Directors of the National Association of the Deaf (NAD) is pleased to announce members of the CEO Search Committee (CSC). These persons will lead NAD efforts to identify individuals whose leadership skills are well-qualified to succeed Nancy Bloch, the current Chief Executive Officer.
The CSC is chaired by Kirsten Poston with Melissa Draganac-Hawk as vice chair, both of whom serve as appointed members of the NAD Board of Directors. The full membership of the CSC is comprised of two representatives from the NAD Board of Directors, one representative from the NAD headquarters, one representative from NAD nonprofit affiliates, two representatives from NAD state associations, and two at-large NAD representatives:
- Glenn Anderson (AR), NAD at-large representative; faculty member at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock and past chair of the Gallaudet University Board of Trustees.
- Mark Apodaca (NM), NAD state association representative; director of business and finance at the New Mexico School for the Deaf and president of the New Mexico Association of the Deaf.
- Kelby Brick (MD), NAD at-large representative; vice president at Purple Communications and former director of the NAD Law and Advocacy Center.
- Melissa Draganac-Hawk (PA), NAD board representative; adjunct professor at the University of Pennsylvania and past executive director of Deaf Women United.
- Larry Forestal (AZ), NAD nonprofit representative; faculty member at San Diego State University and vice president of the ASL Teachers Association.
- Jennifer Pfau (CA), NAD state association representative; manager for Sorenson Communications and co-chair of the NAD State Association-Affiliate Committee.
- Kirsten Post