The National Association of the Deaf (NAD) seeks an enthusiastic and dedicated Office Manager to work at its Silver Spring office to provide communications and logistic support for the NAD.
The Office Manager will be responsible for: answering inquiries at the front desk and through various social media; gathering and maintaining resources; coordinating all visitors and tours at the office; managing office operations and supplies, and supporting the NAD staff as needed.
- Staff the front desk and answer inquiries;
- Coordinate all visitors and tours at the office;
- Manage office operations and supplies;
- Support the Director of Communications with responding to inquiries via social media;
- Be the “face” of the NAD Headquarters when specific video announcements are needed and for all videophone away messages during office closures;
- Plan and coordinate office events, gatherings, and retreats;
- Track all front desk and social media inquiries;
- Complete urgent requests; and
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Show a strong commitment to the NAD mission of promoting, protecting, and preserving the civil, human, and linguistic rights of deaf and hard of hearing people;
- Possess education and/or experience in a communications role (writing, video producing, social media, advertising or marketing-related), and have prior experience with digital communications;
- Demonstrate a high level of knowledge and expertise with social media;
- Capable of comprehensive strategic thinking and have rapid problem-solving skills to effectively handle crisis communications;
- Handle frequent phone calls in a professional and positive manner;
- Fluent in American Sign Language, with an ability to sign clearly and patiently, and in English, with an ability to write and edit quickly and clearly;
- Familiar with the deaf and hard of hearing community, its culture and heritage;
- Able to set and adhere to strict deadlines, and comfortable working in a fast-paced, ever-shifting environment;
- Have excellent planning and organizational skills; and
- Pay exceptional attention to detail.
- Internet access at home.
- Salary range: $25,000 – $40,000
- Salary will be commensurate with candidate’s experience, with benefits. The successful candidate will perform the required duties described above, at the Silver Spring, Maryland office of the NAD and also is expected to work from home when not required to be at the office during office hours. Relocation expenses are the responsibility of the individual.
- Please submit your cover letter, resume, list of references, communication samples, and any other relevant materials to [email protected] with the subject “OFFICE MANAGER INTEREST – [ insert your last name]”.
- Deadline for submission is April 21, 1:00 EST.