YOUR SUPPORT has carried us through the pandemic years of 2020 and 2021, and we are grateful to you for making it possible for the National Association of the Deaf (NAD) to ensure that deaf and hard of hearing people have equal access to programs and services.
Your support has enabled us to engage in:
– Responding and assisting more than triple the number of people served – from 1,300 per year in pre-pandemic times to 4,000 per year during the last two years;
– Ensuring that all government officials constantly provide ASL interpreters for all health threats and disaster information – leading to the White House providing ASL interpreters on a daily basis;
– Prevailing after litigation in reaching an agreement with a federal agency to re-establish a centralized interpreting system to appropriately serve its deaf and hard of hearing employees;
– Advocating for continued communication access under pandemic conditions for health care, telehealth, education, remote work, court proceedings, and the wearing of masks;
– Providing leadership training to deaf and hard of hearing youth through a virtual Youth Leadership Camp and to deaf and hard of hearing organization officials through a virtual NAD Leadership Training Conference; and
– Promoting hiring of deaf and hard of hearing people in all industries, including as authentic actors of deaf roles in the media.
The demand for our work has tripled, and we are doing our best to provide services and assistance to everyone. We need YOUR SUPPORT to continue this work! Giving is easy! Visit www.nad.org/donate to make an online gift or send your check to our address. The NAD is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, and all donations are tax deductible.
All of us at the NAD wish you a healthy and happy new year!