**Who Attends the NAD Leadership Training Conference?
- Deaf, hard of hearing, late deafened, deafblind, and hearing consumers
- Federal and all other government employees
- Deaf and Hard of hearing professionals
- State association, organizational and corporate representatives
- Professionals whose services are targeted to deaf, late deafened, deaf blind, and hearing consumers
- Educators of the deaf
- Sign Language Interpreters
**Why come to the NLTC?
The initial purpose of NLTC is to give local and national organizations, including state associations, an opportunity to develop leadership skills and training. Eventually, NLTC expanded by giving employees from different entities to be part of the conference. Employers can expect their employees to acquire a better understanding of efficiency, effectiveness, and execution of performance duties as well as honing networking skills. State associations and other nonprofits can expect their officers to become familiar and comfortable with board governance, website and social media tools, financial management, reporting mandates, legislative and political advocacy, and membership recruitment. All participants will also benefit from essential diversity training crucial to every entity.
**Will RID CEUs be provided?
You bet! More information coming soon.
**Do you have a letter I can show my boss why I should go to the NAD Conference?
- Yes! Click here for a sample letter for your employer if you’re a non-governmental employee.
- Click here for a sample letter for your employer if you’re a governmental employee.
**How do I register for the conference?
It’s easy — you can register online!
**Can I register at the conference?
Unfortunately, no. Since registration includes meals, we need a head count to ensure you don’t go hungry!
**I am not a member of the NAD; can I still attend the conference?
**Is the conference appropriate for young children?
As much we are strong advocates of youth leadership, NLTC is best suited for individuals over the age of 18.
**What workshops will be offered?
We have a wonderful selection of presenters in the works! This year’s workshop tracks include:
- Education Advocacy
- Legislative Advocacy
- Organizational Leadership
- Civil Rights Advocacy
- Government Employee Training and Professional Development
**Who is sponsoring the conference?
**How can my organization/company become a sponsor?
You can contact us to collect more information to become a sponsor.
**How do I make hotel reservations?
The official conference hotel is the Skirvin Hilton. Group rate reservations are available until September 4, 2017– reserve your room online.
**Why should I stay at the conference hotel?
- Workshop sessions and luncheons are in the hotel.
- The NAD negotiates a special group rate for NLTC attendees.
- Attendees who stay in the hotel allow the NAD to pay less for meeting space, which makes registration rates lower.
- Easier networking opportunities.
- Save extra time from taking public transportation or walking.
- Staying in the conference hotel makes it convenient for you to go to your room in between activities.
**I have allergies or dietary restrictions, what can I do?
The NAD selects meals we hope everyone will enjoy. We realize that some individuals have dietary restrictions and food allergies. Attendees who notified us about food allergies or dietary restrictions that prevent them from eating the standard entree selection are provided with a vegetarian/vegan meal based as closely as possible on their specific dietary needs. The NAD will do its best to accommodate all dietary requests; however because the focus is on food allergies, we cannot always guarantee requests such as low-fat, low-salt, low-carb, sugar-free, etc. Alternate soups, salads or desserts also may not be available. Please contact us for special meal requests no later than September 15, 2017.
**Can I use my government agency’s Purchase Order to register for the conference?
Unfortunately, we cannot accept purchase orders because these typically take two to three months to process.
**Are there any exceptions regarding Purchase Orders?
Yes, if you can provide us with approved credit card payment specifics.
**Can I pay out of my own pocket and have my company or organization reimburse me?
You can request authorization from your supervisor for conference travel and registration reimbursement, using our sample justification letter. However, this arrangement is between you and your employer.
**What is the Registration Refund Policy?
You can read our cancellation policy here.
**So, what’s in Oklahoma City… Really?
Oklahoma City is a wonderful place to be!
**Still have a question?
Please contact us if you haven’t found the answer to your question above.