To advocate for and promote the development of deaf-owned businesses.
The languages, cultures, and heritage of Deaf, DeafBlind, and Hard of Hearing business owners will be acknowledged and respected in the pursuit of life, liberty and equality. DBA’s vision is to:
- SERVE as a community voice for deaf-owned businesses
- ADVOCATE for the creation of a firm economic base supporting deaf-owned businesses
- CREATE financial opportunities for the growth and stability of deaf-owned businesses
- PROMOTE development and support of minority businesses through greater access to market opportunities and capital
- FOSTER entrepreneurial development through workshops and trainings
- COLLABORATE with coalitions supporting public recognition and political influence among deaf business owners
DBA works with the NAD to support business development among Deaf, DeafBlind, and Hard of Hearing individuals. DBA also monitors pending legislation that may affect business ownership, business growth, and business activities.
If you are a prospective or current business owner, or if you are not a business owner but are interested in being a part of the DBA section, you are welcome to join in the DBA section just for $5!
Jason Shaw, DBA Chair