Use these resources to learn more about how you and your community can prepare for emergencies.
Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community Resources
Disability Community Resources
- Saving Lives: Including People with Disabilities in Emergency Planning – National Council on Disability
- Emergency Preparedness Initiative – National Organization on Disability
- Emergency Evacuation Planning Guide for People with Disabilities – National Fire Protection Association
- Emergency Management Research and People With Disabilities: A Resource Guide – National Institute on Disability and Rehabilitation Research
Are you Ready?
- Are You Ready? An In-depth Guide to Citizen Preparedness – Federal Emergency Management Agency
- Emergency Preparedness – Water Damage Defense
- Emergency Preparedness and You – Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Prepare for Emergencies – American Red Cross
- Hurricane Public Services Announcements (some in ASL)
- Information for Citizens – U.S. Fire Administration
- Fire Prevention – Kids Health
- Deaf Fire Safety – National Fire Protection Association