The National Association of the Deaf (NAD) is looking for a team player who is savvy with managing, scheduling, and content creation for social media. It’s one thing to know how to like and share, but it’s another to know how to engage with our followers. For instance, do you know when to make an Instagram post or post directly to IGTV? Then we’re looking to work with you!
The NAD seeks to contract with an individual to support its social media efforts. Contractor should have a background in communications, marketing, and social media — someone who has the ability to tailor specific content for each platform. This will be done remotely (with access to a computer and high speed internet). Hours each week will vary, up to 30 hours a week.
Contractor will support the NAD’s social media accounts — should be savvy enough to know the latest social media tricks and trends and ensure the NAD stays current. Contractor needs to have the following skills:
- Post videos and graphics
- Comfortable using YouTube, YouTube Caption Creator, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Canva, Google Drive, Marco Polo, Mailchimp, Kapwing, Slack, and Zoom
- Edit videos into several clips to create a post on Instagram
- Post full videos on Facebook and Twitter
- Ensure all posts are accessible including .srt caption files and transcripts for videos
- Develop graphics
- Write copy for posts
- Plan with a shared editorial calendar
- Manage email communications with subscribers
- 3+ years of managing social media platforms
- Up to 30 hours per week
- Monday to Friday, during regular business hours with some possible scheduled posts to happen in evening or during the weekend
Start Date: April 2021.
Interested dynamic contractors are encouraged to apply with a cover letter, resume, and three references to [email protected]