- Staff Training: July 12-18, 2018
- Camp: July 19 – August 16, 2018
- Staff Wrap-Up: August 17 – 19, 2018
2018 Online Application
2018 YLC Required Forms (for hired staff only, coming soon):
- Info and PR
- Medical Release and Consent
- Position Available: Camp Counselor
- Ensure that each individual experiences success during the camp session.
- Help each camper meet the goals established by the camp for their leadership development.
- Guide individual campers in participating successfully in all aspects of camp activities.
Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age (if over 21), marital status, or presence of a health problem or disability that is unrelated to their ability to perform the job requested. All NAD YLC program administration team and staff applicants should meet the following qualifications:
- Fluency in American Sign Language
- Be 21 years or older (preferably)
- Demonstrated leadership qualities
- Consent to a complete background check
- Experience working with youth (high school students preferred)
- Certified in C.P.R and First Aid (or will become certified)
After receiving the letter of acceptance, administration team and staff members are required to do all of the following:
- Have health insurance and provide a photocopy of both sides of health insurance card.
- Complete and sign the medical release form.
- Return a completed physical examination history form signed by a physician.
- Sign and return liability agreement form.
- Sign and return publicity release agreement form.
- Provide photocopies of specialized training certificates, if any.
- Complete any other forms required by the NAD YLC Director.
Online Staff Application
All applicants are required to complete the online Staff application. If we do not receive all required information, online application, resume and three letters of recommendation, the applicant will not be considered for a position. You will be notified of your acceptance for the interview portion of the application process. After your interview, we will contact you with our decision.
All applicants are required to submit a resume in a Microsoft Word document and save it as YLC_Staff Resume_LastName _FirstName. (ex. YLC_Staff_Resume_Gleicher_Chanel.doc). You must also submit a cover letter (saved as YLC_Staff_Cover_LastName_FirstName.doc) with answers to the following questions:
- How do you feel you can contribute as a potential administration team or staff member, towards the overall NAD YLC program? Include your qualities and experience for positions that you are interested in applying for.
- What are your overall personal and professional goal(s) and how can working at YLC help you attain these?
- If you are a former NAD YLC administration team/staff member and are applying for this year, please explain what you feel were your strengths and weakness during your session as a YLC staff member? How do you plan to build on and improve on those this summer?
Applicants need to submit a 1.5-2 minute video answering the question, “What type of leadership characteristics and qualities do you possess and how will they benefit NAD YLC?”
Letters of Recommendation
New applicants need to submit three (3) letters of recommendation. The recommendations must be completed. Important Note: Recommendation letters are not required for returning staff members.
All NAD YLC administration team and staff members are required to have health insurance. First aid and basic medical care is provided at the camp by a registered nurse or a person with First Aid certification. In cases requiring more serious medical attention, the administration team or staff member is taken to a nearby medical center or hospital for appropriate treatment.
Camp policy requires that all administration team and staff members have submitted a medical release form signed by them, along with a recent physical examination/health history form signed by a licensed physician. These and other forms will be sent with the letter of acceptance. Camp policy also requires that all administrators and staff members’ medication be kept and dispensed by the camp nurse. No medication will be kept by individual administrator and staff members.
We request that only prescription medication be brought to camp. All prescription medication must be in the same container in which they were issued (with dosage instructions and physician’s name intact). The camp has a supply of non-prescription, over-the-counter medications that the camp nurse will dispense as necessary, so please do not bring non-prescription medications from home.
It has been under 16 years since NAD YLC staff members first received a summer stipend, and this goes toward their airline tickets or alternate transportation. The size of the stipend is often incomparable with the amazing opportunity to witness and be part of the amazing leadership growth throughout the camp. With that in mind, it has been noted as a rewarding volunteer experience for all past staff members.
** We look forward to receiving your staff application! **
If you need assistance, please do not hesitate and contact us at [email protected].