2019 NAD YLC Summer Positions
Apply by March 10, 2019
- Staff Training: July 9-16, 2019
- Camp: July 17 – August 11, 2019
- Staff Wrap-Up: August 12 – 14, 2019
2019 Online Application
- Business Manager
- Media Specialist
- Hospitality Specialist
Note: If you are applying as a cook or nurse, please email your cover letter and resume to [email protected].
Online Staff Application
Applicants for business manager, builders, media specialist, and hospitality specialist are required to complete the online Staff application. If we do not receive all required information, online application, resume and three letters of recommendation, the applicant will not be considered for a position. You will be notified of your acceptance for the interview portion of the application process. After your interview, we will contact you with our decision.
All applicants are required to submit a resume in a Microsoft Word document and save it as YLC_Staff Resume_LastName _FirstName. (ex. YLC_Staff_Resume_Gleicher_Chanel.doc). You must also submit a cover letter (saved as YLC_Staff_Cover_LastName_FirstName.doc) with answers to two out of the following questions:
- How do you feel you can contribute as a potential administration team or staff member, towards the overall NAD YLC program? Include your qualities and experience for positions that you are interested in applying for.
- What are your overall personal and professional goal(s) and how can working at YLC help you attain these?
- If you are a former NAD YLC administration team/staff member and are applying for this year, please explain what you feel were your strengths and weakness during your session as a YLC staff member? How do you plan to build on and improve on those this summer?
Applicants need to submit a 1-2 minute video answering the question, “What type of leadership characteristics and qualities do you possess and how will they benefit NAD YLC?” Please provide your video link in the application form.
Letters of Recommendation
New applicants need to submit three (3) letters of recommendation. The recommendations must be completed. Important Note: Recommendation letters are not required for returning staff members.
After receiving the letter of acceptance, administration team and staff members are required to do all of the following:
- Have health insurance and provide a photocopy of both sides of health insurance card.
- Complete and sign the medical release form.
- Return a completed physical examination history form signed by a physician.
- Sign and return liability agreement form.
- Sign and return publicity release agreement form.
- Provide photocopies of specialized training certificates, if any.
- Complete any other forms required by the NAD YLC Director.
All NAD YLC administration team and staff members are required to have health insurance. First aid and basic medical care is provided at the camp by a registered nurse or a person with First Aid certification. In cases requiring more serious medical attention, the administration team or staff member is taken to a nearby medical center or hospital for appropriate treatment.
Camp policy requires that all administration team and staff members have submitted a medical release form signed by them, along with a recent physical examination/health history form signed by a licensed physician. These and other forms will be sent with the letter of acceptance. Camp policy also requires that all administrators and staff members’ medication be kept and dispensed by the camp nurse. No medication will be kept by individual administrator and staff members.
We request that only prescription medication be brought to camp. All prescription medication must be in the same container in which they were issued (with dosage instructions and physician’s name intact). The camp has a supply of non-prescription, over-the-counter medications that the camp nurse will dispense as necessary, so please do not bring non-prescription medications from home.
It has been under 16 years since NAD YLC staff members first received a summer stipend, and this goes toward their airline tickets or alternate transportation. The size of the stipend is often incomparable with the amazing opportunity to witness and be part of the amazing leadership growth throughout the camp. With that in mind, it has been noted as a rewarding volunteer experience for all past staff members.
** We look forward to receiving your staff application by March 10, 2019! **
If you need assistance, please do not hesitate and contact us at [email protected].