The National Association of the Deaf (NAD) seeks an enthusiastic and dedicated Front Desk Assistant to work at its Silver Spring office to support the Office Manager with Front Desk communications. The ideal candidate should have a friendly and easy going personality while also being very perceptive and disciplined. The Front Desk averages about 10-15 calls and emails per day, we’re looking for someone who has a fantastic customer-oriented approach.
Position open until filled, candidate will start as soon as possible.
- Will work with and report directly to the Office Manager;
- Greet and welcome guests;
- Answer questions and address complaints;
- Answer all incoming calls and redirect them;
- Review, sort, and forward emails;
- Cover Front Desk shifts;
- Complete urgent requests; and
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Have at least a high school diploma or Equivalency Certificate (GED), with a college degree preferred.
- Show a strong commitment to the NAD mission of preserving, protecting, and promoting the civil, human, and linguistic rights of deaf and hard of hearing people;
- Capable of comprehensive strategic thinking and have rapid problem-solving skills to effectively handle crisis communications;
- Handle frequent calls in a professional and positive manner;
- Fluent in American Sign Language, with an ability to sign clearly and patiently, and in English, with an ability to write and edit quickly and clearly; and
- Familiar with the deaf and hard of hearing community, its culture and heritage.
- Have access to high speed internet and video conferencing at home.
If interested, please send your cover letter, resume, list of references, communication samples, and any other relevant materials to [email protected] with the subject “FRONT DESK ASSISTANT INTEREST – [insert your last name]”.