When you see a television program that has no captions, missing captions, delayed captions, captions that are garbled, displayed too fast, or unreadable, you can file a complaint with the Federal Communications Commission.
You should include in your complaint:
- Your name, address, and contact information;
- The name of the program you tried to watch;
- The date and time you tried to watch the program;
- The network/channel you were watching; and
- A description of the closed captioning problem.
You have several options for how to file your complaint:
- ASL Hotline
- Or filling out the complaint form and mailing it to:
Federal Communications Commission
Consumer & Governmental Affairs Bureau
Consumer Inquiries and Complaints Division
445 12th Street, SW
Washington, DC 20554
For more information, please review the FCC closed captioning guide.